adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekend Company & Summer Weather in April

We had company this weekend. The weekend went by much too quickly, especially since I had to work Saturday morning, even if for a few hours.

Scott and Marlana came from Moorhead with their new baby, and Dan's grandpa came along. They got here late Friday night and stayed until this afternoon.

 
Dan met his niece, Selena, for the first time.
We had brunch then toured this fascinating town and finished up with blizzards from DQ. It was beautiful outside, so we had grilled ribs, chicken, potato salad and grilled asparagus for dinner. Mmm!

Don't mind me; I napped for a few hours before they got here.

I loved having a baby around--I don't get to see newborns very often anymore. They grow up too fast, especially since we live so far away from everyone.

 
Great-grandpa with the new baby
After they left, I spent the rest of the day working on wedding invitations. I'm trying to have them all printed and cut before anyone comes to help put them together. They should be ready to send out within the next couple months!

We also took Mila for a walk this afternoon. At 4:00 p.m. it was almost 90 degrees, and it's only April 1st. It didn't feel so bad at first--just a little stuffy--and we didn't walk very far. It wasn't even all that humid. But by the time we got home, poor Mila was overheated, even though I'd carried her part of the way.

We walked into the driveway and she immediately stopped in the shade of Dan's car and stretched out on the cool concrete. I brought her inside and made her drink some water before she could lay down. She isn't used to the heat...

Poor baby

Looks like we're going straight from winter to summer this year. Or is it just an April Fools joke?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the baby is so cute!! And - enjoy your warm weather - we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow covering our world this morning, with more drifting down! Oh, we're just itching for Spring to really arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is about 20 degrees cooler, but I still can't imagine snow right now! Hopefully Spring makes it to Finland soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...