I'd been working on the invites for a couple months: printing, cutting, embossing, etc. I had everything ready to go when they got here, so all we needed to do was assemble everything.
| Making the preparations: Every time I stood up, Loki stole my chair. |
![]() |
| The damage: Looks very similar to my old Lumina. |
Remember how Dawn's old car broke down the last time they came to Huron? Yeah... Could it be a coincidence? Or something deeper? Maybe it just means we need to get out of SD.
It took a couple hours to get a tow truck, and I got there at about 7:00 to pick up Caitlin and Karissa. Dawn and Trisha rode in the truck to Watertown so they could get a loaner car. Because they were driving on little to no sleep, I worried until they got here at 10 a.m.
Eventually we got around to the invitations. There were 150 invites, plus the same number of reception cards, driving directions and lots of rhinestones, ribbons, address labels and stamps to apply.
| Karissa, Dawn, Trisha, Caitlin |
We had to wrap it up before finishing the ribbons; everything else was done, and there is only one tube of ribbon glue. Turns out that regular glue shows through ribbon and doesn't stick very well. So, I will keep busy this month with gluing ribbon and stuffing envelopes. Besides that, I only need to address the envelopes and buy postage.
I would say we had fun, despite the little...setback. We walked to Subway for ice cream, we grilled...and just lazed around, trying to catch up on lost sleep.
| The girls |
The only problem when someone visits is watching our company drive away, especially after such a short weekend. It always feels so empty here.

FUN to have all you sisters together, hey?! Lucky girls! I'd love to have a sisters weekend with all my sisters!! Too bad about the accident- I'm so glad it wasn't worse.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand about the empty feeling after company leaves. Maybe we should all move to Menahga, huh? :)
Sounds like a plan :) If only Menahga was a little bigger...
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures of our beautiful girls! So glad you girls all had fun together even though there was the deer accident. Joni - even a sister/sister-in-law weekend sounds like fun! That would be awesome to get together sometime when you come this way again!
ReplyDeleteThat would be super fun, Deanna! Could even make it a 'ladies' weekend, and any of the older nieces who would like to attend could. But - I'd better not start any fun plans from here. Could be someone would take the idea and make it happen - and I'd be the only one to miss out!
ReplyDelete