adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Honeymoon Part 2: R&R at the B&B

I'll attempt one more post before I go to bed. I'll see how much I can do in the next fifteen minutes....

We spent the first and last days of our vacation lounging by the pool and swimming. We were on vacation, darn it, and I was going to get as much rest and relaxation as I could soak in, along with some sun. The bed and breakfast where we stayed was super cute, and there were a lot of beautiful tropical plants surrounding the pool.

Plus, being a good part of the way up a hill, there was a great view of the city below and of the ocean. In the distance, on a clear day, we actually saw a little bit of St. Croix, another of the Virgin Islands, which was about 40 miles away.

This is the outside of Bellavista:

 


There isn't much to be said about swimming in a pool, so I'll just post a bunch of pictures instead.

We used almost all the sunscreen in just 4 days!



 

Our Rings





Tropical Flowers

Some of the flowers--all of them, actually--were soooo pretty. These white flowers with the yellow centers are from a plumeria tree. Every so often, one would fall on me while I was reading by the pool. They smell absolutely AMAZING. I actually had a tropical perfume once that smelled just like this flower.





I believe the yellow and reddish-orange flowers are hibiscus.

There is a hammock hanging up amongst the trees, which we utilized a couple times. That is, until we realized the bottoms of our flip-flops were covered in cat or dog poop from walking up to it. Then we stayed down by the pool.




Well, it has now been over a half hour since I started, so I'd better go get my lunch ready for tomorrow, and get ready for bed. Five o'clock comes early. I'll try to post my pictures of our trip to Magen's Bay soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun to see pictures from your trip!! It looks divine to be in the sunshine - tho' of course I realize I can't 'see' the humidity. Dry sunshine is much more enjoyable- but sunshine, anyway. I feel like we've been living under a thick cloud for about ... 6 months or so?!! We didn't have much of a summer, and I could probably count on my fingers how many sunny days we've had this fall/winter. I would LOVE to enjoy blue skies and warmth for a few days!!

    Your pictures are really nice! Clear pics of tropical beauty! Gross about walking thru the animal poop- shouldn't have to deal with that at a place where you pay to stay. The pool looks inviting tho'- and I am happy to hear you were making sure to take some time to just relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely nice, despite the humidity. At first it was a shock, but by the second day we were actually used to it and barely noticed the moisture in the air. The only time it really bothered me was when we were walking to town and back--actually, it was more like hiking. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...