It's December 2013, just two and a half weeks away from Christmas, and what's happening in Huron?
Well, for starters, it has been extremely cold here. All of a sudden, the temperature was in the negatives...it got down to -20 F here at one point. Now, it's a balmy 10 degrees above, and we've had a little dusting of snow today. It's looking pretty white outside, but I would love nothing more than seeing huge, gentle snowflakes falling peacefully from the sky.
But, at least we should have a white Christmas.
~
I've been busy with my writing, and have spent a TON of time lately on my blogs. I've been focusing mainly on my green blog. I've put a lot of time, not only into the design (having had to redesign the whole thing because I couldn't get most of the widgets to work on the original one), but also into researching potential topics. And I have lots of exciting planned for the new year!
Most exciting of all is a giveaway I have planned to kick off the new year and my "going green" project - starting tomorrow! Shhh...the prize is a secret until the giveaway is posted on my blog tomorrow...but I will be giving away a $25 Etsy.com gift card!
I really want to get some traffic to my blog before the 2014 challenge begins, so to earn entries, you will need to complete tasks such as tweeting and posting the giveaway to Facebook, subscribing to the blog, and so on. Hopefully this will help bring traffic to the site and get repeat visitors.
~
Right now, Dan is working on setting up Loki's Christmas present: a nice, sturdy cat climbing tree - unlike the junky one we used to have. It was expensive, but she really needs something to keep her busy, and perhaps it will help her feel safer when we have visitors. We bought it a couple weeks ago, but decided to set it up early. Poor Mila won't get such a grand present, but I'm sure she'll be plenty happy getting lots of treats. It's the only thing she could possibly want, anyway!
We aren't exchanging gifts this year because our gift to ourselves was also expensive: a dining table set that is going to be delivered Monday!! It's the first of many new pieces of furniture we hope to get in the next year or so...as we are able to afford them.
~
And for the grand finale...We got a new niece this past week!! Little Isabelle was born to Karissa and Tyler on Monday; however, we haven't met her yet, so I don't have any pictures to post...so anyone who hasn't already seen pictures on Facebook will have to wait until after we have seen her at Christmas. ;)
That's about all I've got for now, but you can be sure I'll be back soon!
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Sunday, December 8, 2013
December 2013: What's happening in Huron?
Labels:
Christmas,
giveaway,
green,
holidays,
Huron,
life,
nieces and nephews,
pets,
project 2014,
snow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment