adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving in Huron

Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

Where has the weekend gone? It's already Sunday...December 1st!

We had a fun Thanksgiving weekend with Mom, Caitlin, Chris, and Trisha - but we missed everyone else we didn't see this year: the rest of my family and Dan's family. Most years, we go back home and spend time with both of our families, but this year, we decided to stay here.

I spent Wednesday evening baking and getting ready for our company. Believe it or not, I actually didn't have much to do Thursday morning because they weren't able to get here until the afternoon, so we had planned on an evening dinner. I got the turkey in the oven and waited....

 


We ate a little later than planned, but it was worth the wait! There was so much food (for six people) that we're still eating leftovers. Have been for days! But everything tasted amazing.

 
 

It's hard to believe we could fit six people at our little table! We spent a lot of time at that table...it seems like we did nothing but eat this weekend!

Of course, we couldn't forget the dessert. I had bought a lemon meringue pie and made pumpkin cupcakes; Mom made a chocolate dessert, and Trisha made chocolate chip cookies.


Loki got pretty cozy with Caitlin while she was working on a paper...


We didn't do much shopping on Friday, but Mom, Trisha, and I went to KMart and I got a couple gifts for the kids. Then Dan and I looked at some furniture for a little while and got some ideas for our Christmas present to ourselves. We're still debating what we should get first; I'm thinking it's going to be a dining table.

We pulled out the Christmas decorations and set up the tree on Friday. Trisha helped me decorate it...



There was a Parade of Lights just a few blocks down from our house that night, and Dan had agreed to ride on a float.

It's hard to tell, but he was on this float

We warmed up with hot chocolate by the fireplace afterward. Mom and Trisha brought some crochet supplies, so we worked on some projects this weekend.


I don't know where this weekend has gone, but it's going to be over way too soon. I'm so not ready to go back to work! Now, I suppose I should get busy writing....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, fun! I miss you guys! Thanks for a bunch of pictures - gives a peek into life there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...