adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, December 23, 2013

Hillukka Family Christmas 2013

We just got home from our Christmas weekend in Minnesota. We spend time with both our families, but I am going to break the weekend up into two posts - one for each family. In the past, I have posted the pictures together, and I've had to pick and choose so I wouldn't end up with a really long post full of mostly pictures.

So, we're going to start with the Hillukka family Christmas.

(The pictures aren't necessarily going to be in order, by the way.)

We arrived Friday evening (we had taken off from work at noon so we could get an early start). My mom made wild rice soup, and there were tons of snacks to choose from.

But let's start at the part where we met our new niece, Isabelle. Here are a couple pictures.



Anyway, we opened gifts Friday night. It was most fun to watch Jeremy open his gifts, because he's at the age where he is starting to get excited about new toys.





We had our traditional Christmas dinner on Saturday at lunchtime. It was a busy weekend, so we didn't get to stay long past lunchtime, but it was fun to have everyone together.









Even the doggies:

Mila

Twist
(I guess I didn't get pictures of the other two doggies.)

Kaisa and a couple of the kids came over after lunch to take a family picture, and I was able to give Natalia her Christmas present.



And here we all are....


Jeremy fell asleep just minutes before taking the picture, but at least we got him in there. Notice anyone else in the picture?

Yep, Mila decided she had to be part of it. I had told her to move away, but she decided to plop herself right at my feet and posed for the photo, along with everyone else. And there she sat the entire time.

Well, that's it for the Hillukka Christmas get-together. I'll try to get the Mickelson part up before it's time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures! Just a couple years ago, we were so excited to watch you kids open gifts! :) I can just imagine how fun it was for your family to be all together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...