adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Big Expenses

Even though we have a wedding to save up for, there are still other huge expenses that have to be paid, as well. For example, I've been meaning to get the paint on my car's roof fixed ever since I bought it, and now it absolutely has to be done. I can't be seen driving around a car that looks like this:

When the temperature fluctuated, the paint suddenly started peeling more--a lot more. It has to be fixed before it starts rusting underneath. So, I brought into a body shop yesterday and should have it back early next week, possibly as soon as tomorrow. I have a loaner car, for now.

It's going to cost me $780 to paint the roof and get rid of a tiny bit of rust on the back of the car. But, I would rather pay the money to get it done now, rather than waiting till it gets much worse. I just got the car; I want it to look good, not to progressively get worse.

Then next month, I have to get Mila's teeth professionally cleaned. Even though they aren't too bad yet, she does have a little bit of gingivitis and build-up around her gums. Small breeds are prone to oral disease, so I need to take care of her teeth before she loses them. I get really paranoid about teeth. Thankfully, it will probably cost me less than $200 to get that done.

I think that's all, other than saving up money for the wedding. Still, it's kind of a lot. We tentatively decided on September 28, 2012 at a camp near Park Rapids, which is relatively cheap, and we will probably save a lot of money on catering by having them provide the food, too. That means I will have more money to spend on other things--like decorations. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...