| The Christmas tree before opening any gifts. |
| Dan with his stocking... |
I opened the critters' gifts for them. Neither really appreciated what we got them--at first, anyway. Mila got a new carrier for traveling, and she was absolutely terrified of it. Even now, I have to bribe her into it with treats, and she is still reluctant to go.
Contrarily, she loves going into her kennel at bedtime. She knows when we let her out for the last time each night that it's time to go to sleep once she gets back inside. She gets really anxious, and sometimes she will run straight to her kennel. If not, then once the treats come out, she flies into the bedroom as fast as her little legs will go.
Loki got a climbing tree from Wal-Mart. She hated it, and I don't blame her. It has a tiny platform that sits on the floor; the only thing holding it up is a pole that reaches the ceiling. Every time she jumps onto it, the whole thing wobbles back and forth. We were going to return it, but it hasn't shifted at all and now Loki seems to love jumping up to the top. Still, don't ever buy a cat climbing tree from Wal-Mart.
I got a digital photo frame from Dan. I'm excited to put our engagement photos on it once I've finished cropping and editing them. We just had a few picture snapped over Christmas, so no big deal.
| My Christmas present from Dan. |
I had to work late Friday night, so we didn't get going as soon as we'd hoped. It is a five hour drive back home, after all. But we made it and spend that night with Dan's family, as well as Christmas Eve. We got to see my family Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day.
Even though we had a short work week, it still seemed really long since I had to work late every day. Then we went to Fargo for New Year's, which was another three-day weekend. I was looking forward to spending all day (today) at home, which we did. I wrote a few articles, but otherwise got nothing done around here. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow, and the housework will still be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment