adventures (11) anniversary (5) baking (8) birthday (15) cars (7) Chicago (2) Christmas (17) cleaning (5) coronavirus (2) crochet (6) decorating (11) Easter (7) engagement (5) fall (4) family (42) fitness (3) flowers (3) food (14) giveaway (5) Graya (1) green (6) health (4) holidays (27) honeymoon (4) Huron (33) Kenna Jade (13) life (51) Loki (8) Mason City (4) Mila (12) money (4) moving (12) musings (11) New Year (9) nieces and nephews (18) our girls (3) pets (20) pictures (30) pregnancy update (24) project 2014 (3) projects (16) Raelyn Marie (3) recipes (5) Seattle (1) Sherlock (2) snow (7) spring (10) summer (14) Test (1) Thanksgiving (5) travel (33) tricks (1) Valentine (1) Virgin Islands (4) visitors (26) wedding (11) winter (14) writing (10)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Loki's Naughty Ways: Volume One

This weekend, I left Dan and the critters at home while I was in Fargo. It was nice to get away by myself for a while, although it's a looong drive when you're alone. Especially when you keep hitting wet, snowy, icy patches on the road. It took me four hours to get home last night....

I heard all kinds of stories when I got back, especially from Loki. Well, not really--I doubt she wanted me to find out about her naughtiness, so Dan told me what she got into while I was gone. Who knows what she does when we are both at work!!

Here's something....

Loki must have been hungry the other morning, because Dan woke up to the crinkling of paper. She was tearing into her bag of food, which was on a really high shelf in the bedroom closet. Apparently, the door had been left open and Loki finally found enough courage to hop on top of the dresser from the bed. But she didn't stop there! She jumped all the way onto the closet shelf, where she found herself stuck. At least she had some food to keep her happy, or so she thought....

That wasn't the last of her exploring, though. Recently, Loki has learned how to jump from the stool (which is in the kitchen because I can't reach the top shelves in our cabinets) onto the countertop. I guess she decided that wasn't enough, and she jumped on top of the table where the toaster and toaster oven sit. She hopped right on top of the toaster oven, where Dan found her keeping an eye on his bread as it toasted.

That's still not all! Okay, I'll stop after this one....

She is completely litter box trained, as most indoor cats are. Well, she went potty and Dan went to scoop it out a few minutes later. Loki must not have been done, because she jumped inside the little cardboard enclosure we designed to keep Mila out and watched him as he scooped. I don't know whether she thought she was inside her litter box or was just mad at Dan for telling me about the closet incident, but all of a sudden she started peeing on the cardboard. A LOT. I yelled at her and she ran away. Then I felt bad and went to find her.

Mila doesn't really do anything interesting. That's probably because we make sure she can't get into anything, like the litterbox, when we aren't looking. But no matter how naughty they are, it's hard to stay mad at them when they innocently curl up for a nap or when they act all cute and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...