Losing weight and getting into shape for an upcoming wedding becomes more difficult when you work my job.
Today is Donut Wednesday. Once a week--always on a Wednesday--one of our regular truck drivers brings us a box of donuts, a little something "for our coffee break". It's really sweet. He comes at a quarter after eight every morning. This morning, though, we didn't need him until after 10:00. He was worried that he might spoil our dinners by bringing treats that late in the morning, so he stopped in at 8:00 just to bring us our donuts.
Then we had pizza for lunch, something our manager bought as a special treat for all the workers. So now I have to work out extra hard tonight to burn off all those calories. It's a love/hate thing, all the food we get while we work.
It was especially bad during the holidays. Nearly every day in December, someone or another brought in some sort of snack to munch on. It was good and bad at the same time. I've never really had a problem with eating too much junk during the holidays...until this year.
It doesn't help that I sit at a desk all day long.
But I've lost a few pounds in the past month, simply by changing my eating habits and working out a few times each week. I'm starting to lose motivation, but I can't stop now. I really like how I feel the day after a workout, so that's what is keeping me motivated right now. That, and watching the number on the scale get smaller and smaller....
Bye for now,
Tonya
P.S. It finally looks like winter here. For a little while, anyway.
P.P.S. Don't forget to check out our wedding page! There, you will find a link to our actual wedding website.
Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest, is surely home, and home sweet home, for there the heart can rest. (Henry Van Dyke)
adventures
(11)
anniversary
(5)
baking
(8)
birthday
(15)
cars
(7)
Chicago
(2)
Christmas
(17)
cleaning
(5)
coronavirus
(2)
crochet
(6)
decorating
(11)
Easter
(7)
engagement
(5)
fall
(4)
family
(42)
fitness
(3)
flowers
(3)
food
(14)
giveaway
(5)
Graya
(1)
green
(6)
health
(4)
holidays
(27)
honeymoon
(4)
Huron
(33)
Kenna Jade
(13)
life
(51)
Loki
(8)
Mason City
(4)
Mila
(12)
money
(4)
moving
(12)
musings
(11)
New Year
(9)
nieces and nephews
(18)
our girls
(3)
pets
(20)
pictures
(30)
pregnancy update
(24)
project 2014
(3)
projects
(16)
Raelyn Marie
(3)
recipes
(5)
Seattle
(1)
Sherlock
(2)
snow
(7)
spring
(10)
summer
(14)
Test
(1)
Thanksgiving
(5)
travel
(33)
tricks
(1)
Valentine
(1)
Virgin Islands
(4)
visitors
(26)
wedding
(11)
winter
(14)
writing
(10)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment